Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Home buying 101, Flores style

Today Michelle and I officially had our offer on this house accepted. It's not a done deal, it is contingent on us selling our house, and the sellers can still take offers, but we have right of refusal if we drop the "selling our house" contingency. Basically, this house is ours if we really want it.

Now you may be saying to yourself, "but Chris, I don't know you guys were even looking for a new house." To which I would respond, neither did I. Pretty much it went down like this, paraphrased the short attention spans of the YouTube generation.

---------------- Home buying 101, Flores style --------------------

M: There's an open house today, want to go to it?
C: Sure.
---------------- After attending open house --------------------
M: I really liked it.
C: Me too, do you think we should buy it?
M: I want to.
C: Me too.
C: Let's run the numbers and see how they come out.
---------------- After running the numbers --------------------
C: I think the numbers work out.
M: Really?
C: Yep. I'll call the realtor.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

So there's that. And there's this new baby thing coming up*. Plus, it's demo time at work which means long work weeks for me. Needless to say, we know how to shake shit up. Official shit shakers of Cedar Rapids. Say that five times fast.

Factoid: The Cookie Mintster at Coldstone with an addition of caramel syrup is heaven on earth.

* Note to self: Stop making the "what are you now....deuce, deuce and a half" jokes to Michelle, I don't think she enjoys them as much as I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Squirrel said...

Nice looking house..maybe I'll have to visit you in it someday...

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home