Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hey honey, guess what?

Nothing like a 17 hour day to put hair on your chest, that or make you really really tired. Yes, I got to work at 7:30 am on Monday April 18. I am writing this post as I get home from work, you look at the time. I took about 2 hours to eat lunch and workout. But it was all for a good cause, because I have managed to weasel my way into something I've been secretly wanting to do for the last couple of months.

Currently at work we are nearly at the end of a long integration, and we have been putting in a lot of effort to get our radio ready for a two-week test/demonstration in Nevada desert. The original plan was to have most of our people out there either this past weekend or today; however, delays have forced a change in plans, and most of the team will be going out during the second half of this week. Originally I was not slated to go, but due to the delays some of our teams schedule's have come into conflict. So now, it appears, I get to go. Yep, my first ever business trip, replete with plane rides, hotels stays, and expense reports. And I will be leaving on Thursday. For eight (or is it nine) days, three or four of which will be near Vegas (Vegas!). Shel is going to be happy about that in the morning when she finds out.

So, quick recap. First business trip. First plane trip (yeah, I know, sad isn't it). First time in Vegas. First time in a desert. First time west of the Rockies. First time on an a military range. I'm excited, and now I will go to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabe said...

Congrats, have fun on that first plane ride!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home