Sunday, March 05, 2006

Whirlwind

"It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" just won an Oscar. Sweet Action.

------------------

The last week has been trying to say the least. We've been to Des Moines twice. Spent numerous hours in the hospital. We've been trying to get as much information together on all aspects of this accident as we can. This has meant starting and keeping "A Blog To Heal" up to date, a lot of people are checking on that for information on Mom's status. That has meant getting as much contact info from as many people who are concerned about Mom as possible. That has meant that Gabe and Dad (our point men) have been religiously documenting all their conversations with doctors, police, insurance agents, lawyers, etc. That has meant lots of housework here in CR during the week so that we can be gone all weekend. That has meant making sure that everything is squared away with Mom's finances, bills paid, paycheck situation addressed (she's going to be getting workers comp), and setting up money to keep track of all that. That has meant making sure things are running smoothly at Mom and Dad's house, getting some groceries for the fridge, doing the dishes and the laundry. That has meant Dad getting approved fro FMLA leave. That has meant trying to keep Mom up to date on her condition and making sure that she is being taken care of. That's figuring out what the hell we are going to do with our already planned Disney vacation in June. Most of all is just meant a lot stress and worry that's probably not going to go away anytime soon.

I worry how well Mom is going to recover. I worry that my Dad and Gabe aren't asking enough questions of the doctors. I worry that my Mom isn't getting enough information. I worry that my Dad hasn't been taking showers everyday. I worry that Luka won't ever know what Nana was like before the accident. There's a lot of worry going around.

------------------

In other news, today I ran into Andy Stone, one of the missing friends from a previous post, in the parking lot at Babies R Us. Suz and he have moved back to Iowa from St Louis and they are now living in Ankeny with their two, yes I said two, boys. I got his email address and I plan on emailing him and getting together sometime. Email me if you want the address. That was actually really exciting.

------------------

That's about all I got. Don't forget that no matter what happens to you it will always be hard out there for a pimp.

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirrel said...

I still have a picture of stone passed out on the floor in my desk..

2:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I have one of him passed out on the bathroom floor in the house on Franklin St.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home